The drum flaker is used primarily to process chemical and pharmaceutical products. However, more and more applications for these machines are also being found in the food industry. The closed design is ideally suited for processing of toxic or offensively smelling products. With the drum flaker, a molten product is converted into a solid form. A thin layer of the liquid product adheres to the outside of the rotating, internally cooled drum in a continuous process. Heat is extracted from the product by contact with the cooled drum surface, and the product solidifies and cools to the required final temperature. A stationary knife removes and breaks up the solidified layer
The required flake size is achieved by controlling circumferential speed, layer thickness, and knife angle. Careful design ensures optimum use of the drum surface area to maximize capacity at the chosen operating conditions. The drum flaker is primarily used to produce flakes, but there are also ways of converting your product into easily manageable pastilles.
It is widely used in chemical and pharmaceutical and other industries.
The drum flaker improves the quality of the final flakes product compared with the product made by crusher.
Furthermore, this machine is easily to operate with good quality.
The thickness and output of this flaker depends on the raw material characteristics, drum speed and feeding speed.
The flake specifications can be customized.
1. For continuous drying of viscous, pasty and sticky materials in food, chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
2. Heating area: 1.12-10.6 M2
3. Evaporation capacity: 40-60 kg water / hour
4. Working type: continuous
5. Heat source: steam
1) High heat efficiency: Heat loss is mainly caused thermal radiation. Heat efficiency can be as high as 90%.
2) Short drying time: The drying process only takes 10-15 seconds. So drum dryer can be used for drying heat sensitive material.
3) Uniform drying: Heat transfer direction and coefficient all over the drum surface are the same. And wet material can be evenly spread over the drum surface. Wet material can be uniformly dried.
4) Long life span: Rotary drum is electro-polished and well heat treated to increase the smoothness and hardness.
5) Flexible application: Drum surface temperature, rotating speed, wet material film thickness are all adjustable to satisfy materials with different moisture and drying time.
6) Compact size: The drying chamber is very compact in size. Only need small installation space.
7) Low operation cost: The whole machine is very simple and reliable. It can be used for many years with little repair and maintenance.
8) Highest hygienic standard: Indirect heating and electro-polished drum surface can assure highest hygienic working conditions.